<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

I'm Lovin' It

I just got a new cell phone!
YAY!

This time it's with Sprint PCS, with an actual (two year) contract. $50 a month, and I get 700 minutes, plus free nights (starting at 7PM) and weekends, and 200 text messages.
Plus, it's got a camera, video camera, and I can search the internet.
I'm in love.
I’m sure it’ll get to be old hat after a little while, but for now it’s a new toy and I’m excited.

I used to do the prepaid phone thing. The only thing convenient about that is you don't have to worry about a contract or (yet another) bill coming in the mail every month. You just buy more minutes as you need them.
But when your minutes are getting low you have to stop at the store and buy another phone card. It's a hassle.
Plus, no matter if I called out or someone called me, any time day or night, it would cost me money. The money had already been spent, but that's beside the point.
I'd go buy a phone card and for $20 I'd get 200 minutes, which sounds like alot of time, but it really isn't. I'd be constantly looking at the timer and when my minutes got too low I'd be afraid to use my phone. I would find myself using a payphone to "save my minutes until I really needed them" or I would cut phone calls really really short ("Hello? Yeah? That's really interesting. Uh, this is costing me money, I'll call you when I get home, OK?") It's like there was a stopwatch in my head.
ticcktickticktickticktickticktickticktick
I couldn't just relax and talk.

Now I don't have to worry about all of that.
Of course, with the "free nights" thing I'm probably going to be looking at the clock anyway, waiting for 7PM -- because it's free.
Just in case.