<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

It's A Life, Not A Choice

"My mother made me a homosexual."
"If I gave her some yarn, would she make me one, too?"
The above quote and the picture to the right are humorous, but I don't think anything "makes" someone gay.
It's genetic. We were just born that way.
Me and my gay brothers and lesbian sisters were just lucky, I guess.

The truth is, nobody would ever choose to be gay, if they had the choice in the first place. I mean, who would?
"Yes! I want to be made fun of, sterotyped, descriminated against, be a victim of hate crimes, and be denied basic rights given to everone else! Bring it on!"

There are distinct advantages to being gay, though.
For one, if you choose someone who has your general build you can share clothing.
Get a boyfriend -- double your wardrobe!

Gays and lesbians don't really have to worry about unwanted pregnancies, either. Neither the husband nor I are going to get pregnant any time soon, no matter how many times we do it. If that were actually possible, we'd probably be on our fifth kid at this point. (Yeesh! Five kids! That's pretty scary when you think about it!)

I'm sure there are other advantages, but I can't think of anything else right off the top of my head.