<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Should've Stayed At Home In Bed

Well, yesterday at work royally sucked. The early afternoon (until about 5:30PM) was busy as hell. Nothing but horrible people as far as the eye could see.
Bitchy, surly, and obnoxious, they ran me ragged.

You know, it really amazes me how some people don't even think about anything that goes on around them --unless it pertains to them. I had ten tables (seven four-seaters, three six-seaters) and they're all full of people. I'm flying through the dining room like a madman on crack trying to make sure everyone has everything they need. Anybody who took the time to look would see that I wasn't just standing around doing nothing. I was working. I was working hard.
Anyway, this woman calls me over to her table and snarls / barks the following, "Hey, did you forget about me, or something?! I've been waiting for my glass of water for ten minutes!!" and gets all up in my grill.
"Listen, bitch," I wanted to say,"First, you asked me for the water not even three minutes ago, not ten. Are you dying of thirst? Did you just get back from the Sahara? Did those three Pepsis I brought previously not slake your thirst? Do you have to take your medication, is that it?
Second, do you see all these other people here? I'm waiting on them, too. You're not the only person in this restaurant, you know.
Third, I haven't even had a sip of anything to drink in about an hour and a half, and I've had to go to the bathroom for almost two hours now. Three minutes -- hell, even five minutes -- isn't that long to wait when we're this busy. Look around you, don't you see how busy we are?
Fourth, if you'd have just let me be and not called me over --guess what?-- you'd already have your friggin' water!"

I didn't say that, of course. Instead I said, "I'm coming right back with that!" and smiled at her.
When I returned to her table, I placed the water in front of her, said "Here you are!", and as I was leaving to take care of someone else, I thought, "I hope you choke on it!"

The rest of the night was more of the same: Tips were horrible. We had to sing Happy Birthday about 20 times. We ran out of Sierra Mist. The nozzle came out of the milk dispenser, and five gallons of chocolate milk went all over the drink station. A little kid in a highchair threw a weiner at me.
I could go on (and on) but I'll spare you.

I was so glad when the day was done, I nearly cried with joy.
I went home, took a bubble bath ("Calgon, take me away!"), drank a few glasses of wine (Cream Red Concord Manischewitz, which is like drinking liquified alcoholic grape jelly) and went to bed.

Everyone has days like this. I'm glad they don't happen that often.