<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hairaphernalia

I went out for cocktails last night with the husband.
Why I persist in trying to go out on a Monday night is beyond me. There's absoloutely nothing going on, anywhere. This stinkin' city might as well just close on Mondays!
Central had three small groups of Guppies (gay urban professionals) sitting in the corners, still wearing their little suits from earlier, drinking their cosmos and Tom Collinses. Probably discussing mergers and aquisitions or something.
Aside from them, it was just us and the bartenders and Britney, Justin, and the A*Teens ("Floor Filler!") on the video screens.
Yawn!
The Hippo wasn't much better. About a dozen lesbians took over both pool tables and one older guy was playing the Megatouch at the corner of the bar, with Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, and S. Club 7 on the video screens.
Double yawn.
Except I did run in to my buddy Eric who was leaving as we were going in, so that was at least something. I originally met Eric when he was working for YMS a few years ago. (You know, they pay you $40 just to answer some questions and take an AIDS test - something you should be getting done regularly anyway. How cool is that?)
Aside from that, the night was kind of a dud.
I got to spend some "quality time" with the husband, though, so it's all good.

I got up today and went to get my hair done. After I got back to the house I used my streaking kit to put some highlights in it.
I was afraid it wouldn't turn out right (hairanoia), but I figured if it didn't I could always cover it with brown dye if I had to.
Actually, it turned out pretty good (if I do say so myself). Subtle through most of it, a little bolder near the front.
Noticible, but not "too much", if you get my meaning.
(You can see a photo of the end result on the right. Kind of a crappy picture, but it's the best I could do.)

The husband hasn't seen it yet, though.
I hope he likes it!