<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

From Hell

Crappy night last night at the restaurant. A crappy day, too, for that matter, since I worked a double shift.
Horribly slow all day, until about an hour and a half before closing, then we got extremely busy.
This wouldn't have been so bad, except the people were all evil.

Yes, evil. From the stinking depths of Hell they came to run me to death, treat me like dirt, and then leave me next to nothing for a tip.
One particularly diabolical (i.e obnoxious) group of young girls sat in the back for hours, made a horrible, horrible mess (they were throwing muffins at one another at one point), ran me to death for refills, and, worst of all, they forced me to sing Happy Birthday!

After they left, I went to the table. No tip (but I wasn't really expecting one), however I did notice that one of them left their driver's license behind.
If they had been human, or at least left me something, I would have dashed out to the parking lot and returned it. I do it all the time when people leave hats, scarves, umbrellas, purses, etc. behind.
What did I do? I chucked that baby right in the garbage can.
Take that, you bitch!

Of course, they came back. When I got called to the host stand, I knew what it was all about.
"Did you find a driver's license on the table?" one of the girls asked me.
"I didn't see anything on the table but a big mess" I replied, and returned to my section.

I normally wouldn't be like that, but they deserved it.