<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Hangin' On The Telephone

I promised myself when I got my new cell phone (and a calling plan that allows me to talk, pretty much, whenever I want to without having to count minutes) that I wouldn't become one of those annoying people.
You know what I mean. They're always talking on it no matter where they are, they're really loud and obnoxious, and they're holding conversations when they should be telling the waiter what kind of entree they want.

I think (for the most part) I've succeeded.

However, in just the few months I've had my phone it has become totally indispensable to me.
I (literally) don't know what I would do without it.
It's just so damn convenient.

It's not just a phone. It's got email, up-to-the-minute sports, weather and entertainment info, text messaging.
And games.
What kind of sick twisted mind decided it would be cool to put games on cell phones? Now I'm addicted to playing Tetris in my idle moments.

Big nerd that I am, all the "special people" that call me have different ringtones.
(When the husband calls, Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" plays, and when the restaurant calls it's the theme to "Mission: Impossible".)
The technology is there, so why not use it? Besides, it's fun.

We don't even have a home phone now.
We've totally eliminated it.
The husband has his cell phone, I have mine, so what do we need another phone for? It's a total waste of money.

Although, things can get kind of weird.
The other day the husband and I were out for a cocktail. His cell phone rings and he answers it, then not even a minute later my cell phone rings.
Were sitting side by side, both of us on our phones carrying on conversations with other people.
How bizarre is this? I wondered.

Then he looked at me, I looked at him.
I mouthed the words, "I love you." He mouthed right back, "I love you, too."

OK, maybe it's not so strange, after all.