<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Friday, April 22, 2005

My Best Friend

They say dogs are man's best friend, but I never believed it until recently.


See, I've always thought of myself as a "cat person". Not like that (awful) Nastassia Kinski movie, it's just I'd always identified with cats more.
They're aloof, independant, self-sufficient. They're clever with their paws and they're excellent at stalking their prey.

Plus, since the day I was born until the day I left home there was always at least one cat in the house.
I didn't know much about dogs. None of my relatives or friends had dogs. All I knew about dogs were from movies, TV, and Alpo commercials. Therefore, I thought of dogs as loyal but relatively stupid; cuddly and cute but too servile, too dependant. After all, you don't have to take the cat out for a walk. (You do have to change the litter box, though!)

Then G. brought Rico home, and I fell in love.
That dog is such a part of me now, it's almost crazy.

    How do I love my dawg? Let me count the ways:
  1. He's ready with a kiss the second I walk through the door. (Puppy kisses are the sweetest kisses of all. Licking me on my mouth is where I draw the line, however. bleh!)
  2. Having someone so excited and happy that you've come back home (even if you've only been gone a half an hour) gives you a warm happy feeling.
  3. Rico can sense when I'm having a bad day and he's always there for moral support.
  4. He may be little, but he barks like a big dog. Any burglars would think there's a Pit Bull guarding the place.
  5. He listens intently to everything I say. He might not understand me, but he listens anyway.
  6. I never have to wonder where he is, because he's always by my side.
  7. Semper Fidelus. ("Always Faithful")
Of course he's a pain in my butt, too. He demands attention constantly, he thinks it's my sacred duty to rub his belly whenever he wants it, he thinks my socks are his personal property and he hides them all over the house, and he gets into mischief the second I turn my back.

But I love him anyway.