<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Another Can Of Liquid Crack, Please

    Experiments in Chemical Reactions, Part 1:
Due to lack of sleep the night before, I was feeling sluggish and slow in the middle of my double-shift the other day.
You know the feeling where you have no motivation to do anything at all? And coffee wasn't helping one iota.

One of the waitresses was going over to the supermarket across the street and she asked me if I wanted a Red Bull Energy Drink.
Turns out she was going on a "Bull run". Almost every server there wanted a Red Bull and she was elected to go fetch them.

I had never had one, but I do remember the advertising slogan:

Red Bull gives you wiiings!
I was in dire need of some energy and motivation at that point, so I said why not?

I can't accurately describe the flavor, but it didn't taste very good, so I chugged it.
About ten minutes after I finished it off, I felt the motor in my chest, which was idling up to that point, suddenly rev up to top speed.
Wowee!
I don't know what's in that stuff, but I was zipping through the dining room like I was on crack. Wheeeeee!

Tony saw me flying through the dining room and asked me why I was so energetic all of a sudden. When I told him, he said,

    "Red Bull?! That's good stuff!! You should try Red Bull and vodka the next time you go out. It tastes like Gummi Bears!"
(Red Bull and vodka will be Experiment #2.)

At the end of the day, I was really, really tired and worn out. After the "Red Bull effect" wore off I was ready to hit the sack, but it got me through the day, which was all I wanted in the first place.

I wouldn't do this every day.
The "crack effect" was a little strange. I'm usually pretty energetic anyway, but Red Bull multiplied that by a factor of ten.
I haven't read anything that says Red Bull is bad for you health-wise, but being that "speeded up" can't possibly be good for you.

I expect they'll be taking it off the market any day now.