<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Love Is The Drug

In almost any song, replace the word "love" with the word "drug" (or "drugs", or "drugged").
You wind up with such gems as:
    All You Need Is Drugs
    The Greatest Drug Of All
    Drugs Make The World Go 'Round
    Love To Drug You, Baby
    I Wanna Be Drugged By You
Fun, huh?

Nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol are my only drugs of choice right now, but I will admit to anyone that I have experimented a little (in my foolish youth) with drugs.

So, I experimented.
Exstacy, Tina, coke, 'cid, 'shrooms, among others. If I listed them all here, you'd think I had a serious substance abuse problem, but all it was was experimentation.
What does it do? How will it make me feel? What's all the fuss about?

(Just for shits and giggles, ask someone who does (or used to do) drugs what their favorite drug of choice was, and you'll see their eyes light right up like a 60-watt bulb.)

I rather liked marjuana, though. It makes you mellow and laid back about everything.
I haven't smoked pot in over six years, but I don't see anything wrong with it, except that it's illegal, in this country at least.
It's all natural. It just grows. It's not created by man, or "treated", or altered to make it what it is. You just pick it, dry it, roll it or stuff it in a pipe and smoke it.
I definitely think it should be legalized, but I'm not going to go out of my way to sign any petitions or write my congressman about it.

I realize I have an addictive type personality, so I was always very careful. I read you can hooked on crack or heroin after only one use, so I never tried those.
It's bad enough I'm a cigarette smoker. I don't need to be addicted to anything else.

I also avoided anything that involved needles. (Not that I'm afraid of getting a shot, it's just why punch holes in your veins if you don't need to?)
And I always made sure not to lose my judgement when it came to safe sex and saftey issues (no driving under the influence, for instance).
In a sense, I was very lucky. Things could have been horribly different. I was skating on some very thin ice, and I turned out OK, amazingly enough.

I really don’t need drugs anymore, though.
I’ve got love.