<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Cruised!

Cute boy (about 19, maybe 20) in the restaurant today, having dinner with his father. (At least I think so. He was the right age, and they both looked very similar.)
He had blond hair, blue eyes, and kind of looked like Cary Elwes from the Princess Bride except this guy's eyes were brown and not blue like Cary's, and he didn't have a mustache.
FI*: Definitely do-able, no question.

Anyhoo, all through the meal he's just staring at me, and I'm wondering What is he looking at?
I'm thinking it's because I have a gravy stain on my shirt or maybe I remind him of someone.
I didn't know, but it was kind of creeping me out --the intensity of it. I mean, I was sorta-kinda thinking he was cruising me, but who would do that if front of their father?

Finally it came time for them to leave and I left a tray of mints and a comment card on the table.

    "Thanks for dining here!" I said, "Come back again soon!"
(It sounds corny but when you get used to saying it, it just comes out naturally.)

So I go back to the kitchen, and when I come back out a few minutes later, they're gone.
There's about a 25% tip on the tray for me, and on the comment card is written:

You're cute. Call me.
--Mark
along with a phone number, most likey his cell phone number.

Holy smoke! Cruised! At work!
I can't even remember the last time that happened.
The only time that ever happens they're dirty old men.
Or possibly it's that I just don't notice when they do, because I'm busy or something.

Not that I'm going to call him or anything. He's cute and all, and as a single man I definitely would have called him. But I'm married, so I can't.

It's nice to know I still have it, though!
(I don't know what "it" is, but some things you just don't question!)

* FI = First Impression