What NOT To Name The Baby
I hear alot of names.
At the restaurant we sing "Happy Birthday" sometimes as much as fifteen times a shift. It's the "traditional version" that goes Happy birthday, dear . . . so instead of just singing, we have to go through the bother of finding out the name of the birthday person first.
We hear all sorts of names, from the sublime (Paradise) to the ridiculous (Brucetta - which I think I saw on a menu once).
The one I heard last night takes the cake, though.
Are you ready? Prepare yourself!
No shit, that's what this little girl's name was!
- Which raises some interesting questions in my mind:
- What was the mother thinking?
- Was "Nancy", "Cindy", "Elizabeth" or "Stephanie" to simple for her?
- Did she have trouble thinking of a name and find inspiration in the medicine cabinet? Does little Nyquilla have a sister named Dayquilla? A brother named Vicks? Inquiring minds want to know.
- Does she not realize Nyquilla sounds like a giant monster that would attack Tokyo or something? ("Run for your lives! Nyquilla is coming! AAAAARGH!")
and . . .
- What the hell was this woman thinking?!!!