<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

It's A Beautiful Day And Baby, I'm Alive!

I am in an extrordinary mood today, for no apparent reason. The kind of feeling where you want to say hello to people who pass you by on the street, or twirl around and break into song. Or jump up and down on Oprah's couch and go "Wooo-hooo!"
Did I mention this is coming out of nowhere?
I need some hormones or drugs or something, I think.

One of the things that's probably fueling my good mood is that the husband got a promotion to Floor Supervisor.
YAY!
They're gonna switch up his hours, and he'll probably be working more, but more money will be rolling in.
But then, of course, we'll be spending more. This is why we can never get ahead!

And (surprise, surprise) I might be getting a promotion as well!
I wasn't going to talk about it, because I didn't want to jinx anything, but then I thought, why not? I don't believe in jinxes, anyway. (Or do I?)
Cathy came to me the other day and asked if I would be interested in being a Head Waiter (no jokes, please) and after deliberating over it for a little while, and conferring with the husband, I said, yeah, I'm interested. She said I'm at "the top of the list for consideration", whatever that means.
She hasn't made up her mind, though, so I'm not going to get all hopeful or anything. It might not happen.
But then again, it just might.
(BTW, in case you didn't already know, me telling myself not to get my hopes up is like telling myself to stop breathing. It's gonna happen whether I want it to, or not.)

Regardless, I think this calls for a celebration.

Plus, I got a new hair-do yesterday, and it looks pretty spiffy (if I do say so myself)!
Hell, yes!!

Happy Hour, here I come!