<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dreamscape Escapades

    Episode 2: I Dream Of . . . Tony?
As I've said previously, I don't usually remember my dreams.
I've read that during a standard eight hours of sleep most people dream at least twice, but I couldn't tell you the last time I woke up and remembered a dream I've had.
I know some people that remember their dreams ever single night. There's this one woman at work that dreams lottery numbers!

I'm lucky if I remember one dream I've had in six months.

No sense crying about it.
Sometimes you have to take what you get.

And, as I've also said previously, the dreams I do remember aren't normal ones.
I'm on a really high ladder changing burned out lightbulbs in a factory and then suddenly I'm I'm being chased up a mountain by a bunch of monkeys.
Crazy shit.

The other night I dreamt of Tony.
Now, I've never met Tony, but I consider him to be a good friend of mine.
There's a connection there, even though we've never even spoken on the phone.
I never thought I'd neet him in a dream, but that's just what happened the other night.

Dreams are funny. You know stuff in dreams that you couldn't ever know in the real life situatations. You know if the monkeys catch you they will kill you and they will eat you -- so you run.
You run like hell 'cause the monkeys are after you! It doesn't matter "why".
"Why" doesn't exist in a dream, not really.

Anyway, in the dream I had, Tony and I are superheroes.
I, of course, am "Wonder Boy" and I'm wearing this red, white and blue leotard that resembles a high school wrestler's uniform (in the dream I'm a little more "buff" than I am in real life) and Tony is "Large Tony" and he's wearing black boots, black spandex shorts, a black cape and a black Zorro type mask.

We were hot!
No shit, we were the sexiest superheroes ever.

I don't know if either of us had superpowers.
I'm kind of thinking we didn't because the one scene I remember the most clearly we were running down the street chasing some bad guy, and why run wehen you could fly?
We might have been a Batman and Robin type team, relying soley on our wits and physical prowess.
And the funny thing is, I was Tony's sidekick!
We were in some fictional place called (possibly) Beltway City, and we were keeping the streets safe from all the human vermin.
Striking fear in the hearts of all the muggers, rapists and fag-bashers everywhere!
We were a hell of a team, Tony and me!

Quite an adventure we had, I must say. I wish I could remember more details about it. My dreams tend to fade so quickly after I awake, it's amazing I remember as much as I did.

In a way, i'm glad I only dream things like this occasionally, otherwise I might never want to wake up.