<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hats Off To Baltimore's Finest

I officcially take back anything I might have said that was negative about police officers. They protect us, keep us from harm (when they can), and go after all of the bad guys who want to take our lives, our liberty, or our livelihoods.
What am I babbling about, you ask?

I got mugged last night.
(Never a dull moment, huh?)

Before I get into that story, lets go backwards in time a few hours. (Time travel is easy, baby!)
I was moping at home, thinking about how much my life sucks. Thinking how f***ing unfair it is that my husband does me wrong, and I'm the one who has to leave.
Why doesn't he leave? I can afford the house payment by myself.
It's just not right, I tell you!
(I'm still a little bitter. Can you tell?)

Anyway, I get a call from my girl Nancy. She's in a pool league and she invited me to come and watch her play.
Any excuse to get out of this house at this point, and I'm there.
So I go to this bar called My Cousin's Place and watch her play. (She won both games, BTW. You go, girl!)
After she was through shooting, we had some "girl talk" and I I told her everything that was going on and she said a great thing. She said, "He lost the best thing that ever happened to him."
Meaning me, of course.
She also said, "There's the better half, and there's the other half. You were the better half."
It was just the thing I needed to hear.

I purposely didn't stay out long, because the streets aren't safe after dark, and I'm a skinny white boy walking alone.

I go to catch the #22 bus home, but when I got to the bus stop the posted scedule said the next bus wasn't due for another hour and a half.
Luckily, The Quest is right aroiund the corner, so I go there for a drink.
In the meantime, I called my girl Blondie to let her know what was going on. She told me she backs me up 100%.
I have great friends.

Anyhow, when I get to the bus stop I have twenty minutes until my bus arrives, so I sit on the bench to wait.
The next few minutes are kind of fuzzy. It all happened so quickly.
So that's how I'm going to tell it.

This guy comes over and out of the blue smacks the crap out of me - HARD. Hard enough to knock me from the bench and leave me lying on the ground, stunned. He grabs me by my shirt, breaking my silver necklace, and smacks me again and grabs my messenger bag. I guess I should have just lied there and let him run off, but you're not thinking clearly in a situation like that. I lunge for my bag and shout "Give me my f***ing bag!" and he strikes me a third time sending me flying and knocking my classes off my head, then goes running down the street.
So I'm lying on the ground, can't see a damn thing, feeling around the concrete for my glasses. I finally find them and I grab my phone which flew off it's holster when I landed on the ground.

I was panicking at this point, so I called G. "I just got mugged!" He said to hang up and call the police, which I did. I should have thought of it myself, I guess, but I wasn't thinking too clearly, as I said.
The police arrived and I told them what happened and gave them a description of the guy, and then we drove around looking for him.

Meanwhile, the cops are stopping anyone on the street that matches his description. After a few wrong people are released after I told them "That's not him." we pull up to a third guy and they shine the light on him.
Bingo.

"That's him"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I'm sure."

He had taken off his hat and changed his shirt, but I had no problem recognizing him.

They hauled him away in handcuffs and I went to the Police Station to write out a statement of what had happened.
Meanwhile, the dude didn't have my bag on him. I guess he rifled through it, saw there was nothing valuable (to him) in it and threw it in a garbage can or something, BUT he did have a Sprint card with my name on it in his back pocket. (It said "Sprint Cash" on it, so I'm thinking he thought it was a debit card or something. It's not. It's the card I use to make a payment on my Sprint PCS bill.)
Apparently he was wanted by the police anyway for a couple of other things, and one of the officers said it seemed like he was on something.

Whatever, all I know is we got the sucker. Hopefully they'll lock him in a cell and throw away the key.

So there's the story.
By the way, there was nothing very valuable in my bag. A couple of magazines, a paperback book (Party Monster), my phone book and a few unpaid bills.
I'm a little scraped up and bruised, and I was a little freaked out for awhile, but otherwise I'm fine.
It could have turned out alot worse.

And another bad guy is behind bars, where he belongs, which is a good thing for everybody.

And how was your day?