<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me (Yet Again)

Yes, today is my birthday.
I've gotten some pretty good swag so far, but the best present of all is that my Mom came from NC to see me!
She arrived last night and will be leaving tomorrow morning.

I know it's only for a few days, but having her here is wonderful.

It was the first time that the husband and Mom were meeting each other and they were both kind of nervous.
Turns out they needn't have worried, they both got along famously!

I kind of worry about her living all alone out there.
I'm trying to convince her to move back here and stay in the spare room. The husband even told her she would be more than welcome here. She said she'd think about it, which is the only answer I could get from her. I guess I'll have to see what happens.

Not much planned for tonight except the husband, Mom, and me (I?) are going out to dinner someplace tonight.
I'm going to save the partying 'til after Mom goes back to North Carolina. I don't want her seeing her only son drunk and/or hung over. That wouldn't look very nice, would it?

So, yeah, I'm another year older.
It's not how old you are, it's how old you feel, and right now I feel like I'm 21!