<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

I'm No Slave

I know, I know. No posts in over a week.
Is Jimmy dead? Is he in a mental hospital somewhere on a Thorazine drip? Did he get amnesia and forgot who he is?
No, no, and no.

First, I gome kind of evil bug that knoched me on my ass for a little while.
Being sick sucks.
I just got over a bug (cold? virus?) that made me totally miserable for almost wo days.
Fever, chills, body wracked (racked?) with aches and pains, head feeling like it was stuffed with cotton.
It wasn't pretty.

Let me just tell you, my immune system is fantastic. That, if for no other reason, is why I thank the Gods that be for the genes that I have. I'm usually one of the healthiest people you can come across. The husband get's sick almost three times as much as I do, and a cold that knocks him out for a week will only take me out for two days or so.
But in those two days . . .

I'm a big baby. I'll admit that to anyone. And what sucks most of all about being sick is you have no contol whatsoever over your body. Your nose runs, or gets stopped up. You sneeze, you cough. You cough up phlegm, which is so gross, I'm not going to say another word about it. Your muscles ache, you sweat, you can't get warm even though the heat is turned up full blast and you're lying under five comforters. Your forced to take drugs like Dristan (which clears up your congestion but makes you woozy), or Actifed (which dries you out, but makes you irritable and bitchy).
Anyway, I'm better now.

Sickness counts for a part of it, but the other reason I took a little time away from here is, truth be told, I was feeling rather blah about the whole blogging thing.
What to post next? Gotta finish that entry so I can post it later! Maybe I should change my template!
When you're thinking too much about it and it seems more like fun than work, you need to take a little break.
So that's just what I did.
Slave to the blog? Not me!