<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Take A Look

When, for the third time the other day, a group of attractive guys was seated on the opposite side of the restaurant from my section, I made a point to say something to the hostesses.

"OK," I said to them, "Here's the new rule: All cute guys get seated on this side of the restaurant. You don't have to seat them in my section, just as long as they're close by."
"Why is that?" Nicole asked, "Are you trying to cheat on your husband?"
"No, I just like to look at pretty things, that's all."
I could tell by her puzzled expression that she didn't understand.

Maybe it's a guy thing, to want to look at sexy people, even if you're not planning on doing anything. Even if you wouldn't do anything if given the opportunity.
It's why the men go to the strip clubs, or dine at Hooters. A guy who goes to those places knows the chances of him taking Excentrica the stripper or Staci Lou the cute li'l waitress in the hot pants home with him are slim to none. That's not why he goes there.
He goes there for the eye candy.

So yeah, I look. I probably look more than I should.
For example:
A really sexy guy was seated in the section opposite from mine. He was with this rather plain (in my opinion) girl, and they were obviously dating.
Anyway, this guy was gorgeous. Could have been a model for International Male.
So I looked.
Hell, I stared.
I couldn't take my eyes off of him.
Well, the girl he was with caught me looking, but she thought I was looking at her, so she started doing those things that girls do when they think someone's checking them out: playing with her hair, looking over her shoulder and batting her eyes. (That wouldn't have worked on me even if she looked like Heidi Klum, but she didn't know that.) Well, it took her awhile, but she finally figured out I wasn't looking at her, but at her boyfriend, and she was furious. If looks could freeze, I'd have been a fruit-flavored popsicle.
Which (of course) makes me wonder: Why was it OK for me to be looking at her, but not her boyfriend? Was she pissed 'cause I wasn't attracted to her? I don't get it, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I don't know about you, but I like to look at beautiful things.
Doesn't mean I don't love my husband. Doesn't mean I'd jump Mr. Gorgeous' bones if I had the chance.
It's my opinion that no matter what your status, if you don't look, you might want to check your pulse.