<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d3440559\x26blogName\x3dWonder+Boy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://wonderboyblog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-9208151565435014371', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Life is only what you wonder.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Don't Go Away Mad . . .

Normally, I don't work Saturday nights. Saturdays are normally 11AM - 4PM, and it's been that way for so long, I'd forgotten all the whacky fucked up guests that come in on Saturday nights. So when my work bud Tony asked if we could trade shifts today, my day shift for his night shift, I said sure. I didn't have anything going on, so why not?

Well, everything was going OK, until around 8PM when I was seated a party of four: A man, his wife (I guess) and their two daughters (approximately 14 and 16 years old).
FI*? Trailer trash.
Hate to say it, (not really) but that's what I thought.

Anyhoo, everything was fine at first. I took the drink order, brought their drinks, and when I went back to the table the guy says to me,
"Go away, and don't come back!"
So, I'm stupified, like, what did I do to him? Then I thought I might have heard him wrong, so I said,
"Excuse me?"
"Go away!" he said, "And don't come back to this table again!"
So I went to my manager and said, "I don't know what this guy's problem is, but he doesn't want me to wait on his table."
"Get Nancy to wait on them," she said.
So I did.

A few minutes later, Nancy takes me aside in the drink station and says, "I know why that guy got all upset."
"I'm all ears'" I replied, 'cause I had been wracking my brain trying to figure out what I did.
"He told me you were staring down his 16 year old daughter's blouse."
"WHAT?!?" I exclaimed, 'cause I barely even glanced at his daughter, I didn't even look at her blouse, and I certainly didn't stare down it.
"I told him you would never do that because you're a nice person," Nancy said, "But mostly because you're gay and wouldn't be interested."
"Oh?" I replied, "And what did he say when you told him that?"
"He didn't say much of anything, actually," Nancy said.

I looked over and saw him glaring at me. Obviously knowing my sexual orientation didn't help matters any.

The worst thing was they left quite a mess, and didn't leave Nancy a tip, even though it was (technically) her table, she was nothing but nice and attentive to them, she didn't do anything wrong (well, neither did I, in actuality, but that's neither here nor there) and she did the bulk of the work.

That was just one table of crazy people I dealt with tonight.
I could go on and on (and on), but I'll spare you.
until next time, that is.

*FI = First Impression