To The Nth Degree
I have had that "Nth Degree" song by Morningwood in my head for three days now.
It has taken up permanent residence in my brain.
(You can veiw the video here.)
It doesn't help that they play it on Sirius "Sirius Hits 1" about every hour and a half or so.
And it's not the whole song that plays endlessly through my mind, just the chorus where she starts spelling "morning wood" for no expicible reason.
- m-o m-o-r m-o-r-n-i-n-g w-o-o-d
M-o M-o-r M-o-r-n-i-n-g W-o-o-d
A little louder!
M-o M-o-r M-o-r-n-i-n-g W-o-o-d!!
A little harder!!
M-O M-O-R M-O-R-N-I-N-G W-O-O-D!!!
The first time I heard that song, I didn't know who did it, and I caught the song halfway through.
You know when something is spelled at you, it takes a couple seconds to figure it out? So I'm listening and after a few seconds, I get it.
- "Morning wood? What's that about?"
I'm listening some more and the singer is just getting all in a lather, so I'm thinking:
- "Boy, this chick is really getting excited about that morning wood!"
And . . .
- "Is her boyfriend impotent and that's the only time he get's an erection?"
And . . .
- "Has it been awhile since she's gotten some and she wakes up and sees her boyfriend's sportin' a boner and she's like, 'Yay! Morning wood!!'"
Still, not a bad song, and the video's not bad either, even if they did sorta copy the concept for Liz Phair's "Why Can't I?" video.
I might even have to go out abd buy it, if only to get it out of my brain and onto a shelf, where it belongs.